Effective July 2014, the Grossmont Union High School District Governing Board adopted a new Responsible Use Policy and Digital Citizenship Program. The goals of this program include:
- Provide a clear, but concise policy that guides student use of technology.
- Empower and encourage students to use technology in an innovative manner.
- Establish a clear Digital Citizenship Program for faculty, staff, and students to promote safe, ethical, and responsible use of digital technology.
Responsible Use Policy - Signature Sheet
Other Important Documents
Digital Citizenship Webinar Information
Teaching digital citizenship does not fall solely to the technology teacher. Anyone who teaches with technology needs to formally and informally teach digital citizenship! Here are the main themes can be infused into what you already do.
- Evaluating Resources
- Copyright, Fair Use, and Citing Sources
- Appropriate Online Behavior
- Privacy and Security