Socrative is an interactive online program that allows you to deliver formative assessments, quick questions, or even exit tickets while also increasing student engagement. The real-time results will provide instant feedback on how students are doing. You can even share your assessments with your colleagues.
Making it Happen in Your Classroom
Unless you are planning to use the quick question option, you will need to prepare your quiz before you start class.
- Login into b.socrative.com with your Google Account.
- Change your class name, by clicking on Menu and My Profile.
- Click on Manage Quizzes.
- Click on Create a Quiz.
- Give the quiz a title and then add your questions (multiple choice, true / false, and short answer). If you have existing questions, you need to either retype or copy and paste.
- When finished, go to Save and Exist (top right of screen).
- In the Socrative Dashboard, click on Start Quiz.
- Select and start the quiz you wish to start.
- Select the type of quiz
- Student Paced - Immediate Feedback: After each question, students get feedback on their responses.
- Student Paced - Student Navigation - Students complete the quiz on their own, with the ability to skip questions and navigate back.
- Teacher Paced: Teacher controls the flow of questions. Includes the option of visualizing the response on the screen for each response.
- Additional settings include disabling student names, randomize question order, and randomizing answer order.
- Have students go to b.socrative.com and type in your classroom name (changed in #2 above).
- They take the quiz.
- During the quiz, you can check progress on the class and individual students.
Quiz Question - Student View
Quick Question Live Results
Quiz and Question Options