So you have decided that you want a website, what’s next? The first step is plan out what you want. As you saw in the two examples in Part 1, there are varying levels of complexity.
Here are some things you might want to consider putting on your teacher website:
- Unit calendars (Consider embedding them from Google Docs)
- Links to assignments, worksheets, readings, etc.
- Due dates
- Links to resources
- Links to grades
- A biography
- Project / assignment examples
- Photos of class activities
- Open up Google Drawing or get out an old fashioned piece of paper and create a hierarchy of your website that includes the different pages you want to include. You can always change this later, but this a great starting point. Here is an example.