All teachers should have some sort of hub for your class. A place to put announcements, calendars, assignments, homework, etc. While there are many tools out there to create a website, we think Google Sites is one of the better choices - mostly because it syncs up with all your the Google Apps for Education.
Before you start working on your site, take a quick tour of a couple teacher websites.
A few things to note:
- Dan’s site is just his World History page. He also has a personal site and a site for his photo classes.
- Reuben’s Google Site holds his personal information and both his classes.
- Additionally, if you were working with someone else, you could easily share the website with the other team members and take turns making updates.
- Go back and click through the the two website examples.
- If you want more inspiration, check out a few more from this list: